Your main duties will be:
- LOOKING AFTER THE CHILDREN: Your primary duties will focus on the children
and their care: preparing their breakfast, dressing them up, helping them with their food, etc., during the period of time that the family has required you to do so. The number of working hours will
be around 30-40 hours per week and they will be agreed by both parties prior to your arrival.
- ENGLISH LESSONS: You will always talk to the kids in English and depending on the
line, you will give them a scheduled lesson once a day, five days a week, which you are expected to prepare (games, review of their school English books, reading, etc.).
- ADDITIONAL ACTIVITY LESSONS: You will practice the activity (tennis, swimming,
music, handicrafts) with the children one hour per day, five days per week, just for lines 2 and 3.
- LIGHT HOUSEWORK: Keep tidy the children's room, your own room and common
areas, cook, help to lay and clear the table, etc.
- BABY SITTING: You will probably be required to babysit twice a week.
As you see, Smart Au Pairing incorporates duties beyond caring for children. It is worth emphasizing that the job is often
very demanding. Keep your expectations realistic and do not begin to think that you are on holiday. You will no doubt have opportunities that might not have come your way had you stayed at home, but
first and foremost you are abroad to work.These conditions may vary from family to family but they will be agreed by both parties prior to your arrival.
Futhermore, you are expected to arrange the following:
- Flight and travel expenses: To be arranged and paid by the Au Pair.
- Health Insurance: If you are an European citizen you will be covered by your national social security system. Simply make sure you obtain the E111 form or
European Health Insurance card (EHIC), which will enable you to enter the Social Security System of Spain free of charge, and bring it with you. Otherwise, you will need a health insurance with
- Spanish lessons: You may like to attend a Spanish course; if so, we can give you some recommendations depending on your needs and preferences, but it will be
your responsibility to register and pay for the course.